I am a 5 time SharePoint MVP. First one for SharePoint 2003. Most recent awards were for SharePoint 2010, and later Office 365.
Experienced Microsoft SharePoint consultant helping organisations deliver large SharePoint programmes. Extensive experience in Oil & Gas and Financial Services sectors.
Arno was the Principal Consultant for Sword’s ECM practice. As Principal Consultant, Arno was responsible for leading consulting and development teams during customer projects. Arno was also responsible for the analysis, architecture & design, scheduling and delivery of solutions to meet the customer’s expectations. Arno was the main contact between the customer and Sword, and oversaw the day-to-day operations of the project until completion. In some cases, Arno led several customer projects, depending on the size of the firm and delivery expectations of the customer.
This role reported into the Group CIO for Dimension Data. My role was to plan, coordinate, direct and design Enterprise Applications for the organisation; as well as provide direction and support for Dimension Data solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. I collaborated directly with department heads and decision makers to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
Pre-Sales and Architect with the following responsilibities: Assist in building up the SharePoint competency for the organisation, SharePoint Solution Architecture, SharePoint Solutions Research and Development, Competitive Intelligence, SharePoint Technical writing, SharePoint Sales Support, SharePoint Demonstrations and Training and SharePoint Pre-Sales and Proposal Generation.
I worked in the Architecture team tasked with implementing SharePoint Solutions to customers including: Development Bank of South Africa, Department of Mines (Botswana), Nation Media (Kenya), Department of Justice (South Africa) and the World Bank.
To act as a consultant and architect in the development of online tools, to help schools and local government organisations to manage information, to control resources and to improve interactions with both their internal and external clients.
- Solutions-oriented professional who excels at managing projects, collaborating with project teams, interfacing with customers, and deploying technology to build successful solutions for customers.
- Experience in delivering global, Tier 1 solutions to the world’s largest companies.
- Industry recognised SharePoint Expert.
- Motivated achiever with 10 + years of significant, progressive experience in information technology consulting, focusing on Business Information Systems with strong SharePoint expertise.
- Experienced Manager and Technical Lead who has successfully led large teams of 20+ people.
- Solid communicator and motivator.
- Problem-solver who can design and architect solutions.
- Strong combination of Business and Technical Skills.
- Consultancy services delivered across many sectors
- Experience in all aspects of SharePoint delivery lifecycle (Building Business Case, Programme Management, Business Analysis, Architecture and Design, Delivery, Development, Support)
- Deployed Solutions in the United Kingdom, USA, Australia, South Africa, Botswana and Kenya.
- Experience in delivery Global SharePoint Projects.
- Experience in Global Projects constraints (Language, Culture, Time Zone, and Bandwidth).
- Experience in leading large Software Development Teams.
- Excellent relationships within the SharePoint industry, specifically with Experts, Microsoft MVPs and book authors.
- Relationship with individuals on the Information Worker teams at Microsoft, both in Reading and in Redmond, Seattle.
- 5 Time SharePoint MVP